Stainless steel fixtures are a popular choice for kitchens and bathrooms due to their durability and sleek appearance. However, they can also be prone to showing fingerprints, water spots, and other marks, making them difficult to keep looking clean and shiny.
Here are some of the best ways Henderson Total Maintenance uses to clean stainless steel.
- Use a microfibre cloth: A microfibre cloth is a gentle and effective way to clean stainless steel fixtures. These cloths are made from tiny fibres that are able to trap dirt and grime without scratching the surface. Simply dampen the cloth with water and wipe down the fixture, following the grain of the steel.
- Use a mild detergent: If the stainless steel fixture is particularly dirty, you can use a mild detergent to clean it. Mix a few drops of dish soap with warm water, and use a soft sponge or cloth to clean the fixture. Rinse thoroughly with water, and dry with a clean cloth.
- Use vinegar: Vinegar is a natural cleaner that can be effective at removing water spots and other stains from stainless steel fixtures. Mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle, and spray the solution onto the fixture. Let it sit for a few minutes, then wipe it down with a microfibre cloth.
- Use baking soda: Baking soda is another natural cleaner that can be used to clean stainless steel fixtures. Mix a small amount of baking soda with water to form a paste, and apply it to the fixture with a soft cloth. Gently rub the paste into the surface, following the grain of the steel, then rinse with water and dry with a clean cloth.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: When cleaning stainless steel fixtures, it’s important to avoid harsh chemicals like bleach or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the surface of the steel. Stick to mild detergents, vinegar, and baking soda for the best results.