When hiring a commercial cleaner, it is important to ask a series of questions to ensure you are choosing a reliable and trustworthy service provider.
Here are some key questions to consider:
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded? Request proof of their license, liability insurance, and worker’s compensation coverage to protect yourself from any potential liabilities.
- What types of commercial properties do you specialize in cleaning? Ensure that the cleaner has experience working in environments similar to yours, whether it’s an office, retail space, medical facility, or another type of commercial property.
- Can you provide references or client testimonials? Ask for references from past or current clients to gauge their satisfaction level with the cleaner’s services. Reading testimonials can give you insights into the quality of their work.
- What services do you offer? Clarify what specific cleaning tasks are included in their services, such as vacuuming, mopping, dusting, window cleaning, restroom sanitization, and trash removal. Discuss your specific needs and ensure they can accommodate them.
- What cleaning products and equipment do you use? Inquire about the type of cleaning agents and tools they utilize. Ensure they use environmentally friendly and safe products that won’t harm your employees, customers, or the environment.
- How do you screen your employees? Since the cleaning staff will have access to your property, ask about their hiring process, background checks, and training programs. It is important to have peace of mind that they employ trustworthy individuals.
- What is your pricing structure? Discuss their pricing, whether it’s based on square footage, hourly rates, or a customized package. Inquire about any additional fees for specialized services or equipment.
- Do you have a satisfaction guarantee or a service level agreement? Understand the cleaner’s policies regarding service quality and what recourse you have if you’re not satisfied with their work.